Telelink is integrating an Intelligent Transportation System in the city of Plovdiv
The project includes more than 50 junctions located both in the center of Plovdiv and in entry-exit points of the city. The project consists of the following activities:
- construction and commissioning of the system for traffic management, delivery and installation of new LED traffic sections, traffic controllers and hot-dip galvanized metal structures;
- giving priority to vehicles of public transport;
- providing accessible environment for people with disabilities and increase safety by carrying out reductions in land masses and installation of tactile tiles;
- Introduction of new organizations of the road movement that lead to the optimization of traffic;
- building Center for Traffic Management with high-tech equipment and systems in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
Via video detectors (cameras) installed at the entrances of intersections, the system collects traffic data. Based on information derived from this data, a specialized software makes decisions (at central level) for the management of traffic lights in real-time. For special groups of junctions the system even introduces green waves. On the local level each controller is equipped with specific functionalities required to adapt the cycle time and the green waves depending on the current traffic. To ensure the priority of public transport vehicles the system is using specialized radio modems, as well as separate controllers.